The 50th Anniversary of John F. Kennedy’s murder in Dallas, Texas has been recognized all month with television programs and public ceremonies acknowledging the accomplishments of the 35th President of the United States. Of the television and “news” programing on the subject a disturbing number have gone out of their way to support the Warren Commission report and its claim that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin of JFK. Fifty years later our country’s news media is still comfortable taking the easy way out and not fulfilling its responsibility of discovering the truth.
Having spent my formative adult years in the profession of news reporting I can tell you this is not surprising. Twenty years ago when I last attended a press conference, interviewed a news maker, or wrote a script the people I saw and worked beside were far more concerned with presentation and style than they were about asking tough questions. Today, nothing seems to have changed. In fact it’s gotten worse. In the days when I regularly received prepared statements from news makers, government and private organizations, and whoever wanted media exposure I was always amazed how often I could watch the evening news and hear news stories presented in word-for-word recitation of the press releases I’d read in my news office that same day. They took the pabulum and spit it out for the rest of us to swallow.
Last February I visited Dallas, Dealey Plaza, and the Texas School Book Depository Building upon visiting the Lone Star State as an Advisor Distributor attending AdvoCare‘s Success School, and as I wrote in my blog Oswald Did not Shoot JFK I became convinced the alleged killer of Kennedy could not have done what he is accused of doing. And in watching news reports of the events in Dallas on November 22, 1963 by FOX News, CNN, CBS, and NBC in recent weeks I saw no one address the decisive points I’ll share with you here.
1. Oswald was in the lunch room. Witnesses place Lee Harvey Oswald in the 2nd Floor lunch room of the Depository Building minutes before the shots rang out. A Dallas police officer and Oswald’s boss testified seeing Oswald in that same lunch room less than 80-seconds after the last shot was fired. I walked the distance from the alleged snipers nest on the 6th floor to the opposite corner of the building’s same floor where the Oswald rifle was later found. From there I walked down the 4 flights of stairs to the 2nd floor landing, short of where the lunch room was located (walking to the lunch room location was not possible as it no longer exists and the space in which it did exist is not publicly accessible). No one can convince me that Oswald made that same trip in the amount of time claimed. Since he was seen in the lunch room just before the shooting and just after it follows to assume he was there throughout the 10-15 minutes between when he was seen and during the time the shooting took place.
2. Two Different Bullets struck Kennedy. No Warren Report apologist has explained this. If you accept the Magic Bullet theory that Kennedy and Texas Governor John Connolly were both struck by the same nearly pristine bullet. Then you accept the bullet as is. It’s a 6.5 millimeter Full Metal Jacket. Being a Full Metal Jacket the bullet is designed to do what it is alleged to have done; pierce the target and continue forward in roughly the same shape as it was when it was fired. That bullet went through Kennedy’s tough flesh, obliterated Connolly’s dense rib bone, and shattered Connolly’s wrist bone. And it remained intact, nearly pristine. And the wounds on both Kennedy and Connolly were relatively minor, certainly survivable. Both the entry and exit wounds were small holes. Nothing more. Then they would have you believe another bullet fired from the same rifle blew-up Kennedy’s head and then disintegrated into many small pieces found in Kennedy’s head by X-Ray, and then through the bloody limousine. Full Metal Jacket bullets don’t disintegrate like that. An expanding or Dum Dum bullet does. But never does a shooter load two different types of ammunition into the same weapon at the same time. Therefore, the Magic Bullet and the head-shot bullet were two different types of bullets fired from two different guns.
3. Oswald’s bullets could not make the wounds in Kennedy as described. As already mentioned the Magic Bullet was 6.5 millimeters, as was the Italian bolt-action Mannlicher Carcano rifle with the faulty scope Oswald supposedly used. The autopsy of Kennedy described the entry hole in the back of his neck as 6.0 millimeters. It’s impossible to make a 6.0 millimeter hole with a 6.5 millimeter bullet.
4. Ruby’s explanation today is as unbelievable as it was then.
Mob-connected Strip club owner Jack Ruby shot and killed Oswald two days after the assassination. He claimed it was to spare Mrs. Kennedy the agony of going through a trial. Need I say more. The Warren Commission ignored plenty of evidence and testimony that 1. Ruby was connected to high mafia crime bosses. And 2. Ruby knew Oswald. And 3. They refused to hear Ruby’s testimony outside of Dallas despite his pleas to Chief Justice Earl Warren to give his complete testimony in Washington outside the control of Dallas’ corrupt Finest.
5. Ruby Repeatedly Claimed there was more to his story than the Warren Report Allowed to be Released.
In this video Ruby comes out and says other people were involved and that they occupied high position.
His cryptic hints are certainly strange. But being a former bag-man for Sam Giancana in Chicago, the loyalty oath he must have been subjected to must have been as convincing as legend suggests that they are. The rest of us simply will never understand.
Yesterday (November 19, 2013) our nation celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Gettysburg Address. It occurred to me that the 100th Anniversary of Lincoln’s famous speech was just 3 days prior to Kennedy’s murder; inarguably a more significant anniversary than what we had yesterday. In the speech our 16th President (who was also assassinated and had his alleged killer shot and killed before trial) proclaimed America should have a rebirth of freedom.
A rebirth occurred following Kennedy’s death. But it wasn’t a blessed occurrence. From the time the Warren Report was released to this very day roughly 65-70% of Americans have said they don’t believe it. They don’t believe it in spite of 50 years of media hyperbole and support of the Warren Commission’s Findings. The real mistrust of government began with the report’s release, and hasn’t abated since. And it’s sadly deserved. There have been two official government investigations into the Kennedy assassination. The most recent was the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1976. Unlike the Warren Report it concluded that a conspiracy was likely and ordered the Justice Department to investigate further. To date…no such further investigating has taken place.
How can a government of the people, for the people, and by the people react so inertly? The obvious conclusion is that it no longer is of, for, and by the people. And The People are the only ones to blame; for they continue to accept the deceptions. A nation conceived in liberty is needed once again.
Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcome.
- Warren Commission Report: High Level Coverup Of JFK Assassination? (rinf.com)
- JFK conspiracy theories still abound 50 years later (star-telegram.com)
- Half a century later, JFK conspiracies still thrive (kansascity.com)
- JFK Assassins (markosun.wordpress.com)
- JFK Assassination: Looking Back In Anger (ingordonville.com)
- JFK: 2 probes, with 2 different conclusions (bigstory.ap.org)
- Who killed Kennedy? Conspiracy theories that will not die (cbsnews.com)
- 8 Things You May Not Know About Lee Harvey Oswald (pbs.org)
- Why This Person Continues to Doubt The Warren Commission (huffingtonpost.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.