To this list of Inc. Magazine’s 10 Common Sales Mistakes to Avoid I’ll add one more.
11. Letting your customer walk all over you. We all know the cranky curmudgeon who seems to go through life with the perpetual frown and bad attitude. Here’s a secret- these people know that they’re like this and they use it to intimidate people. Don’t let it bother you. Stand up to them. When they interrupt tell them they interrupted. When they complain about making time for you, remind them that you scheduled the time with them and that your time is valuable too. This type of person is more commonly referred to as a bully. And you know how to get bullies to back down.
Click on this link for more helpful “don’ts” in a sales presentation.
Thanks for listening. Comments are welcome.
- What Do You Call A Salesman You Can Trust (customerthink.com)
- Lessons From A Door To Door Salesman (customerthink.com)
- How To Sell Almost Anything (forbes.com)
- “I can’t sell” syndrome? (lstakhov.wordpress.com)