As a society we’ve come to adore accolades more than achievement. If you are like me and have campaigned against each member of the soccer team getting a trophy at the end of the season this commencement speech will appeal to you.
If on the other hand you think constant positive reinforcement with no discipline is the way to raise kids…this message will seem foreign to you.
Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcome.
- Your child is not special (mom-101.com)
- A Note to High School Graduates (stacyjantz.wordpress.com)
- Hey, Graduates: ‘You Are Not Special’ (thedailybeast.com)
- ‘You are not special,’ English teacher tells graduating Massachusetts students (usnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Monday’s Musings (jillshalvis.com)
- High School Teacher’s ‘You Are Not Special’ Graduation Speech (alexanderhiggins.com)
- Heritage High School holds small, special graduation ceremony (newsobserver.com)
- Depression-Era Dropout, 97, Gets a Diploma (kstp.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.