Sooooo…how’s that Facebookpage of your’s looking NOW?
And what exactly have you Tweeted lately? Better get on it. Complaining that it’s a “time sucker” is no longer a good excuse. It’s like saying, “I could get a lot more accomplished if all these customers didn’t keep interrupting me.”
It’s a good read. Click and check it out.
Here is just one more little, personal bit of advice. My six year old website, www.totalbroadcasting.com, never had more visitors to it than the very first week I was on Twitter. And after that initial peak its number of visitors has never dipped down to the low levels it had consistently before that time.
Thanks for visiting. Comments are welcome.
- The Secrets to Connecting on LinkedIn (freelanceswitch.com)
- Tips on Social Media in 2012 (inc.com)
- You’re Not on Google+? Big Mistake. – Inc.com (inc.com)
- Are Celeb Tweets Worth the Money for Small Businesses? (outside-the-boxblog.com)
- Social Media Marketing – What, How and Why (socialmaximizer.com)